In the USA, 100 billion aluminum beverage cans are consumed annually, but fewer than 55% are recycled. More than 50 billion un-recycled used beverage containers are discarded in the residential municipal solid waste stream every year. The miniMRF™ is an economically profitable mechanism designed to divert recyclable materials from the landfill. The development of miniMRF™ is PRFection Engineering’s significant efforts to reduce its environmental footprints as well as the footprints of its customers and supply chain partners.
Benefits of Recycling Aluminum
Aluminum is a uniquely sustainable material that can be recycled without losing any of its fundamental properties. It is highly efficient, cost effective and environmentally friendly. Recycling aluminum:
- Saves Energy—It takes 95% less energy to recycle aluminum than create it from raw materials.
- Reduce Emissions—Recycling aluminum requires less energy, so it produces 95% less emissions, such as greenhouse gases.
- Conserves Natural Resources—Recycling aluminum helps conserve natural resources, such as bauxite and water.
All of the aluminum recovered by miniMRF™ will be used in the United States to make aluminum sheet for the sustainable, closed-loop production of beverage cans.
Benefits of Recycling Steel
- Saves Money - It dramatically reduces energy consumption
- Saves the equivalent energy to power 18 million homes for a year
- Creates new appliances - Steel can be recycled repeatedly without loss of streng
Benefits of Recycling Plastics
- Creates new plastics - PET plastic can be recycled into clothing, toys, and rulers.
- Saves gasoline - Recycling 1 ton of plastic saves 1,000-2,000 gallons of gasoline
Benefits of Recycling Fiber
- Saves Trees - Recycling a stack of newspaper 3 feet high saves 1 tree
- Saves money - Americans throw away enough paper to build a 12' high wall from Seattle to New York annually
Recycling creates jobs directly and indirectly. Since it generally takes less energy to make new products from recycled products, an improved green footprint is achieved and the savings from energy can be passed onto the consumers of the finished goods.
Click here to learn more about the recycling process (pdf download)